Here's a fun spin on a taco dinner and would be perfect for serving a large crowd!
1. In a skillet, brown 1lb of ground meat. Season with your favorite taco seasoning.
When meat is just cooked through add half of a small onion and let cook a few minutes. Adding the onion now keeps it slightly crunchy.
Rinse and drain 1- 15oz can of black beans. Add to meat.
Drain 1 can of rotel tomatoes. Add to meat.
Heat til mixture is hot through out.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (makes clean up easy). Roll out 1 package of crescent roll onto baking sheet. Mend the perforations.
3. Cut crescent sheet on both sides 1inch apart. A pizza cutter works well
4. Put cooked meat mixture in center of cut crescent sheet
5. Put 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese on top of meat mixture
6. Fold crescent strips over meat mixture and press the strips together to seal the braid.
7. Bake in 350° oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
8. Let sit for 5-10minutes to allow the Taco Braid to set.
9. Pile on your favorite taco condiments (tomatoes, avocado, salsa etc.) and enjoy!
This recipe came from 3 Moms And A Kitchen