Just the name of this recipes makes my mouth water! These ribs would be prefect for a Memorial Day gathering!
2 Large onions (sliced)
1 Rack pork ribs (or ribs of your choice)
garlic powder - onion powder - chipotle powder (to taste)
1/2 cup bourbon whiskey (I used Knob Creek - 100 proof)
1 cup water
1 cup Bourbon and Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Arrange sliced onion rings on a baking sheet. Place rack of ribs on top of the onion rings. If ribs do not fit, cut into two separate pieces.
3. Mix water and bourbon together, and pour over the ribs. Sprinkle ribs with garlic powder, onion powder, and chipotle powder.
4. Completely cover baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil, and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 2 hours, or until meat is tender and starts to fall of the bone.
6. Carefully remove baking sheet from the oven. Place ribs on a clean baking sheet or large platter, and brush with barbecue sauce.
7. Option 1 - Place ribs on a preheated barbecue grill to caramelize the sauce and add a smokey flavor.
Option 2 - Place ribs in oven under the broiler to caramelize the sauce.
Cut ribs in between the bones and serve with additional sauce.
If you do not want to make your own sauce, I recommend Guy Fieri's Bourbon Brown Sugar Sauce.
1 1/2 Cups organic brown sugar
1 cup all-natural ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup high quality bourbon (I used Knob Creek - 100 proof)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until thick and reduced by about half.
Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.