The temperatur in North Texas as cooled and it is beginning to feel a little more like winter as the days go on.... and that means, it's time for chili! Here is a super easy recipe. It can be made in the crock pot or on the stove. We usually make it on the stove! Stop by The Provision House to get your ground beef (or order online) for your chili!
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 ribs celery, chopped
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
2 (14.5-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
2 (16-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Brown your ground beef on the stove.
2. Add in your chopped onions and celery. Cook them down until they are soft and add in the garlic. Stir.
3. Toss the onion, beef and celery in a big pot (or crockpot) on the stove.
3. Add in all of the other ingredients into the pot. Turn the stove on to a simmer and let it sit for about an hour.
4. Serve. Add cheese or Fritos if you wish and enjoy!