This year has been a big year for the Simmons family and the Double S Ranch. Here are just a few of our big moments this year!
1. After having three sons and four grandsons, Martye and I were delighted to welcome two granddaughters into our family! It was about time!
2. The drought continues for the ranch (Palo Pinto Lake) and the western part of the Cross Timbers region. The water rationing therefore also continues for our ranch. This has caused much stress and worry for the Palo Pinto area.
3. In the spring we got our ranch website and social media sites up and running. We appreciate all of you who have followed us and shared our story with your family and friends.
4. The ranch online store, "The Provision House," opened for business early in the summer months selling a few items.
5. Bart got certified in the Texas and Oklahoma's Beef Quality Assurance Programs. His ranch knowledge is ever expanding so that we can provide the best beef around!
6. Despite the drought, the ranch has an acceptable hay harvest to help us make it through the winter months and the drought.
7. We got barely enough rain for our 2014/2015 winter wheat to grow! This is a real blessing!
8. Our grass-finished beef received phenomenal reviews and testimonials!
We are looking forward to a big year in 2015! We will begin our grass-fed/ grass-finished beef sales as well as provide unique products in the Provision House. From our family to your's, we wish you a Happy New Year!